6.29.2010

1st post

YippEE! I am now a part of the blogging world.. or universe! -I have a feeling it's pretty big!

So lets start things off :)



Well a little taster of what is to become an epic journey of blogging:

This blog will consist of my deepest (and shallowest) thoughts on me, my world and other stuff that may pop up while Im writing.



I have decided that I will try my utter-most not to hold back in my opinion, and explore all sorts of aspects of my life and hopefully spark some interest in others to share their agreements or diagreements with my new found theories on how to tackle life as a student, woman and South African! :)



Now, just to warn you. My spelling and grammer is disasterous! So if you are in search of a good intelectual read.. LEAVE NOW! QUICK! -before I kill you with my middle class english!







OK, so at the moment I have been on what feels like a really short holiday. Its weird how that happens.. You always imagine to have oodles of time to do "those things" in the holidays.. clean out your room, go to the dentist, go on diet, make some money, download music... to name a few things I did NOT get round to doing in this 5 week holiday.. Oh yes, I also seem to have put off a tiny project for college.. Whats that you ask? Make a pair of shoes and a headdress for first day back? which is in 12 days and 11hours!

It's supposed to be Avant Garde you see.. so not only do I have to make them, but I have to come up with an amazing idea, that totally rocks everyones world, including no 1 rival LUKE!! -boy fashion genius.. And judging by his fb posts, he started on the project before I had even left the bloody city for holidays!!



So yeah.. college, kinda am and kinda not looking foreward to going back.. Moving out of res next year I think is a huge part of the exitement. So funny though, hearing stories of everyone moving in or out of res. The shit part is though, how some people REALLY dont want to move in with others, and dont want to step on any toes, so they dont say anything.. Seems pretty silly to me, I mean, I guess telling someone your not keen to live with them is really shit, but is keeping the peace really worth having someone you really dont want living with you? I dont mean this as a hint to my future roomie, so calm if you are reading this!! -its just stuff I'v picked up on. Cant name name or mention mentions.. but I think its always best to be honest.. or if not, get used to stingy, annoying, high maintenance flat mate!



So anyway, I am pretty much dying to go see the flat I might move into. Its been recently refurnished, and has a view of the harbour in Cape Town, so stunning! -now before you jump to conclusions and think im a posh girl living in an ocean view suit, anywhere you live in ct pretty much has a view of the harbour, so i could be living in a tent on de Waal drive for all you know! ;) -but a newly furnished "flat" tent...



So this project of mine.. not hundred percent sure what im doing quite yet.. the brief is as follows:

make a pair of shoes, a headress and a garment with the theme "Human Zoo".. easy? yeah no.. not when you have another 60 students sticking together feathers and leather.. so i tried to be more original.. I was inspired (I always feel silly using the word inspired, it seems so over-used in the fashion world, and I feel unentitled to use it yet in my rookie state) but yes, my inspiration was first jellyfish and angler fish (you know the one, from Finding Nemo) Well, I had this awesome idea to incorperate LED lights into the shoes and headpiece. Needless to say, it never happened. So now I has gorgeous soft green leather than I shall be making high heels with :) -will post the outcome when they are complete.. To save face early.. If they are not marvelous, i may not post them up.. :S so here's to hoping I post them!



Well so much for an early night. Thanks for listening (weird how Im talking to myself at the moment) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment