6.30.2010

Drunken Blogging

Well I thought I should at least give a recap on my night.. seeing as I am an addict now..

Well it was a friends birthday. Lol at the use of friend.. As of late he has become a friend, demoted from being "holiday fling". I gave him my url tonight, so I hope no feelings are hurt.. but he seemed to be fine with that cheaply bleached blonde haired girl buying him shots... haha. Kidding, she seemed nice...?
But besides the point. So the night started at a place we like to call the Shabeen (other people call it that too, cause it is the pubs name..) So had a few there.. then moved on to Swing Cafe, which despite it's ever so misleading name, is not infact a swing club, just a regular one.. with older people I guess, so maybe they do swing there.. who knows? Now just to put my night into perspective, me and said friend have only recently started talking again, and no longer "frienamies" as he puts it. Which is quite nice, as he is quite funny, and we get on well (we enjoy the same series and stuff) But as it goes your not always sure like how to react or be around them etc.. like friendly, but not too friendly... Oh my gosh, totally forgot I have his present in my bag still. If you are reading this birthday boy (birthday man-we decided he is way past childhood now), sms me and remind me pls.. And also if your reading this, HOW EMBARRASSING.
So yeah anyway, back to the club vibe. So being on holiday means all local kiddies are on holiday too, which means your bumping into people you went to school with. So yes it happens, someone you kinda know, not well enough to walk over and say hi, but enough that when they are lifting their arms up to avoid spilling their drink as they push past you, you mistake it for a hug, and go in to say hi. But dont worry, the hugger will never NOT hug you, they will always say hi and then carry on with squeezing through everyone. And dont get embarrassed when this happens, because it is likely that someone will possibly mistake your handshake or arm squeeze for something more, and you both awkwardly bump together before quickly seperating and acting as if it didnt happen. Yes, that pretty much sums up what going out on holiday is all about. Moving from group to group awkwardly bumping into people. "Hey, Whats up? How's it going?...Thats good, anyways, check you later" is my usual catch phrase, it's what I use on everyone I walk past. Its so funny how everyone feels they need to say hi to everyone they know. I mean, to be honest, everyone is usualy thinking "Oh fuck, there's Georgie, better say hi before she spots me" *awkward bump*. Yeah, no one really feels like it, maybe they do it so everyone that they are actually trying to impress in the club thinks they have loads of friends.. Or show that loads of people know them. Lets get real Zanzibar locals, we live in a small town, of course you fucking know everyone!!

Anyway, tonight was a quiet one for me. Shit got real last friday, and I cant even look at anything that remotely smells like spirits. I had what ZANZIBAR'S uber-hard-core LOCALS call a paint brush. Even now as I search for the picture of the killer shooter(s), I get goosebumps and my stomache churns. Dont let its girlish colourful charm misguide you, the paintbrush is a killer! Ok, actually cant talk about or imagine it right now. But all Im saying is, DONT TRY THIS AT HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment